Vertical Doors, Inc. Information
How fast can we ship a Vertical Lambo Door Kit?
How fast can we ship our kits out? Really fast!
Most of our popular kits are in stock and ready to ship.
What are Lambo Doors?
Lambo doors, get their name from the car they are most closely associated with, the Lamborghini. Lambo is short for Lamborghini. In the early 2000’s Vertical Doors, Inc. introduced its Vertical Doors Conversion Kit. Vertical Doors, Inc. Conversion kits are known by many names most people just call them Lambo Doors, the people that deal directly with us call them Vertical Doors, but depending who you talk to you will hear names like Scissor Doors, Wing Doors, VDC Kits, Butterfly Doors, Lamborghini Doors and many other names.
What is the difference between a Lambo Door and a ZLR Door Conversion Kit?
The Lambo Door kit opens on the horizontal plane 1st then on the vertical plane.
The ZLR Door Conversion opens in a single motion, diagonally outwards similar to the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Click Here to see a video
Does the VDC kit replace my doors?
No it does not replace your doors. It only replaces your door hinges. You keep your original doors.
What kind of grease do I use?
We recommend using a
high quality automotive or marine grease designed to be injected using a grease
gun. Lucas Heavy Duty Grease or Green Grease are both good options. It should
be injected into the Zerk fittings on the hinge. There are 3 on the pivot assembly
and 1 on the shock end. You should add grease to these fittings once every 1-2
years. It may be necessary to lubricate the hinge more often depending on your
location and how much time the car spends outside.
How does the VDC kit function?
When inside you will grab the door handle of the car. Pushing the door away from you the door will open 12 - 18 inches like they do normally. From there the door will stop and not open horizontally any further. Once done you will now grab the bottom of the door and lift vertically. The door will then reach a certain point which it will not lift anymore. At this point you will be able to get in and out of the vehicle. In normal case the bottom back portion of the door will be higher than the roof of the vehicle.
When outside you will grab the door handle of the car. Pulling the door toward you the door will open 12 - 18 inches like they do normally. From there the door will stop and not open horizontally any further. Once done you will now grab the edge of the door and lift vertically. The door will then reach a pre-determined point at which it will not lift anymore. At this point you will be able to get in and out of the vehicle. In normal case the bottom back portion of the door will be higher than the roof of the vehicle.
Click here to see afew pdf files and videos to help you
What is the normal installation process?
1) Disconnect the battery.
2) Remove fender
3) Make sure to remove door catch if equipped.
4) Usually you will need to more wire slack: Usually you will need to remove the door panel or kick plate. Do not cut your factory wires unless you have no other choice.
Use 2” painters tape to mark the factory door location on the vertical and horizontal planes. Also measure the distance between the apron and front edge of the door by the top and bottom hinge.
5) Close the door and use 2" painters tape to secure the door to the body of the car.
6) Install new Lambo Door kit, make sure you have a flat surface if not you may need to modify your apron.
7) Make fine tuning adjustments and make sure all pivot points are greased. Installed the shock.
***DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF TOOLS ON THE BODY OR SHAFT OF THE SHOCK***
Note: Do not install fender until the adjustment of the door is accurate. Also make sure everything is tight, adjustment is set and everything is Locktite.
8) Modify factory wire loom: In order to be able to open and raise the door, cut the factory wire boot in half and add wire loom to protect exposed wires.
9) Cut the inner lip of your fender to make room for the new Lambo Door kit. Note: Cut only enough for the swing arm to move freely, after you have cut the fender use a sander or grinder and make sure the surface is completely smooth. Use touch up paint to protect the expose material and to give it a finish look.
Close the door and reinstall the Fender.
In you have any questions please do not hesitate to give us a call.
It is as simple as that.
Why Can't I compress the Shocks with my hands?
The shock have 450Lbs - 800Lbs of Pressure per Square inch. They will not compress untill you install the hinge on the car and the shocks on the hinge, the weight of the door will compress the shocks. Each shock is pressurized to support the stock weight of that particular vehicle.
How does Vertical Doors, Inc. Compare to Imported Lambo Door kits?
Vertical Doors, Inc uses stronger steel, heat treat all pivot and strike points, Germany made shocks, detail instructions for most cars, Free Tech Support, in business for 10+ years, all hinges are USA made and USA patented.
How strong are the Vertical Lambo Door Hinges?
• They are very Strong. After tolling down the hill Sam quote was, "The only thing workig was the Vertical Doors, Inc., Kit.
• Adkins Rolled his Smart Car on the 91 FWY as you can see there was plenty of damage to the car, but not to the Vertical Doors, Inc. Conversion Kit.
• One more of our customers, as you can see there is extensive damage around the fender and door area but the Vertical Doors, Inc. kit still works.
How do I adjust the Lambo Door Hinge
The Vertical Doors, Inc. adjustments on the vertical and horizontal planes.
Can I purchase Vertical Doors, Inc., shop replacements for my car?
Replacement shocks are for Vertical Door Inc & Bolt-On Lambo Door kit's ONLY
Please provide us with the follow information:
1. Proof of purchase is required (Invoice or pictures of the hinge and the shock)
5. 2 or 4 Door:
6. Were there any modifications made to the door ( ie: Speakers, Molding, Etc.):
7. Is the shock for the Driver's side or Passengers side:
8. Measurements of the Shock Body
Please measure the body of the shock
Does Vertical Doors, Inc., do sponsorships?
You must submit a formal proposal by email to be eligible.
Your proposal should include:
• Image of your car, truck or SUV
• Social media presence
• List of existing and projected mods
• List of shows and events attended
• List of awards earned (if any)
• Schedule of future shows and/or events planning to attend
• List of media coverage (if any)
To receive Sponsorship, you must agree to:
• Put at least one of our decals on your vehicle
• Attend the Scheduled shows and events listed on your proposal
• Tag Vertical Doors, Inc., on ALL media coverage
• Display the Vertical Doors, Inc., products as much as possible
If approved, you could get "UP TO" 50% off the retail price of the kit not including shipping.
Please send proposal to email@example.com
What kind of maintenance is required on these kits?
We recommend using a high quality automotive or marine
grease designed to be injected using a grease gun. Lucas Heavy Duty Grease or
Green Grease are both good options. It should be injected into the Zerk
fittings on the hinge. There are 3 on the pivot assembly and 1 on the shock
end. You should add grease to these fittings once every 1-2 years. It may be
necessary to lubricate the hinge more often depending on your location and how
much time the car spends outside. If you cannot get in there to add grease to
the Zerk fittings you should use WD-40 or a similar spray lubricant to
thoroughly coat the part of the hinge where it pivots and rotates.
Additionally, you should maintenance (lubricate) the shock bearing every 3-6
months or as needed. If you follow the shock down to its lower mounting point,
you will notice a spherical bearing which the shock end fitting slips into.
Spray around this fitting with WD-40 or a similar spray lubricant to clean and
lubricate the shock bearing. After you operate the door multiple times you can
go back in and then spray it with White lithium Grease which will lubricate for
longer without drying up but we recommend starting with the WD-40 because it
will clean any dirt or debris that may have gotten into the bearing.
Do the doors come painted?
We are selling a “Conversion Kit” which includes specialized
hinges and hardware which you will use to make your existing doors “Lambo” or
“Vertical” style. All hinges come painted or powder coated black.